Friday, December 31, 2010

Johnny Campbell back at Dakar

Clan Campbell

Ten years after his first and only participation in the Dakar, Johnny Campbell is back. Not as a rider, but as an advisor for newcomer Quinn Cody. This return has brought back memories for the competitor who finished 8th on the 2001 edition between Paris and Dakar. "I really enjoyed myself. It was a dream come true. Of course, it has changed a lot, but I think it's wonderful to see so many participants present even though things aren't going too well in the world". Today, his goal is to help Cody to become a genuine Dakar rider, capable of battling for victory in the years to come. "Quinn is a very mature rider. It's about time he got stuck into the Dakar. We're here to help him gain experience. Finishing will already be a success for him. My strategy is to tell him that he won't win his first Dakar". But will Campbell clamber back onto a bike to try his luck? "I've had several opportunities to make a comeback, but today I just don't have the desire to battle for victory. I'm happy to be training Quinn and looking after my team. That's where my future lies…"

No comments:

Post a Comment